Experience and Professionalism
- We are live music professionals with over 20 years of experience and a perfect customer satisfaction rating of 100%! Many of the thank you notes received from past clients are provided on this web site for your review. We have continued to evolve and improve with every single year bringing exciting updates and improvements to keep Spectrum Band at the top of the list of local bands since we know you have other options. There are definitely copycat groups available that you can hire but we are the “original” Spectrum Band based in Chesterfield, MO.
- The manager of Spectrum Band has been interviewed numerous times by national and local magazines as an expert regarding coordinating live music for private events. He was also featured in an international magazine for musicians that discussed how Spectrum Band has become one of the most successful bands performing in the Midwest. You can read about these articles on the home page of this web site.
- Spectrum Band was selected to receive national awards for multiple years:
- The Knot “Best of Weddings Award” for 5 years in a row. Winners are limited to the top 1% of all vendors in the nation so we’re very proud to win this award for so many years.
- WeddingWire “Couple’s Choice Award” for 9 years in a row.
- Inducted into The Knot “Hall of Fame”. This honor was due to consistently receiving positive reviews from our past clients for so many years.
- CBS & KMOX choice as one of the “Top Wedding Bands in St. Louis”.
- Spectrum Band was voted "Best Band in St. Louis" for two years in a row by Modern Bride Magazine (click here for more information). Voting was conducted by local event and wedding planners.
- We offer a free 1-on-1 consultation here at our office in Chesterfield for each of our clients (if desired) so that we can get together and go over the unique details for your event. After performing for over 1,000 events, we have ideas and answers for anything you need.
- Attention to detail is one of the reasons that we're recognized as St. Louis' wedding specialists for live music. You’ll notice that theme when reading all the reviews about the band on the Internet. We personally coordinate all of the details with you and we use this information to implement your wishes during the event. Because of our years of experience, you will not only enjoy a great band but also a virtual on-site event coordinator working to keep your evening on schedule and stress free. We also take care of all the emcee duties for you during the evening (if needed) so that you can relax and enjoy the event with your guests. You can feel confident that you’ll be in good hands.
- We will provide a questionnaire for you to document all necessary information in advance. Your musical wishes will be clearly understood and executed so that you can enjoy your event without interruption.
- Nine-piece instrumentation with male and female vocals possessing advanced music theory degrees provides exceptional diversity, variety, and value. We are providing an authentic "live" musical entertainment experience that pre-recorded music simply cannot achieve.
- Our schedule stays full (past and future) and is proudly displayed on our web site so you can be confident that you are working with professionals with years of experience performing together. We’ll still be here far in the future when your event takes place. You won't receive that dreaded phone call one month before your date informing you that "the band broke up" and that you need to find someone else. We also don’t use the tactic of hiding our schedule from you to mask a lack of demand and you can easily review the past history and future performances of the band. Our reputation of being one of the most requested bands in the bi-state area for wedding receptions is very apparent by reviewing this schedule.
- A wide variety of, i.e., spectrum of music is performed to satisfy all audiences with a high-quality sound system that can accommodate any facility. Pre-recorded music is played during breaks for continuous music. We're happy to play your iPod during our breaks to help customize your event.
- We are always updating our active song list and we also prepare a custom "set list" for each event so that the music is customized to the desires of each client.
- We maintain our own private recording studio that allows us to continuously improve our quality by rehearsing existing material and introducing new material very efficiently.
- Experienced solo vocalist, pianist, and guitarist are available for wedding ceremonies.
- Experienced instrumental quartet, trio, and duo consisting of piano, sax, stand-up bass, and/or jazz guitar are available for cocktail/dinner service.
- We have entertained well over 100,000 people at hundreds of various events and will bring this high level of experience to your event.
- We're already familiar with the logistics and acoustics of almost every facility in St. Louis so it's likely that your location is someplace where we've already visited. We've performed at events as small as 40 guests and as large as 5,000 (while opening for ZZ Top during an IBM corporate event at the Scottrade Center) so we know how to make your event a tremendous success!
- We always maintain a significant $2M liability insurance policy for your protection and we are members of the American Federation of Musicians.
- To guarantee a consistent level of quality for you (and for us), we do not subscribe to the practice of simultaneously booking multiple bands using the same name and utilizing musicians of various experience levels. Our focus is on quality rather than quantity so there is only one Spectrum Band performing in St. Louis at any time. The manager for Spectrum Band
- Finally, over 20 years of experience with wedding receptions, private functions, corporate events, and public appearances will guarantee great music for your event. We can deliver just about anything you are looking for in a dance band, and more!
The Best Equipment Offered By Any St. Louis Band!
- A committed partnership with a “professional” production company (at no extra cost to you) guarantees complete technical confidence to meet any possible needs for our clients. No other local band provides the level of quality relative to the sound system used by Spectrum Band at each performance. Our new main speakers and sub-woofers can accommodate any facility and deliver a stellar show every time!
- Two professional engineers are always on site for each performance to ensure that the sound and lighting are perfect! You can rest assured that we do not have one of the musicians attempting to run the sound system from the stage.
- In addition to the high-quality PA system, a new light system is provided that is based on LED technology so the colors on the stage are endless. It also requires much less power than the older incandescent lighting systems so it won’t contribute to problems with electrical fuses during a performance.
- Also, our production company offers additional lighting options to provide up-lighting around the perimeter of the room in any color. They can also provide a complete truss system with moving lights over the stage plus fog machines to make your event look like a dazzling nightclub later in the evening.
- We implement wireless technology to adjust the sound in the room for you and your guests. Our sound engineer uses a wireless iPad to remotely adjust his main mixer board and keep the sound perfect, i.e., not too loud, without anyone even noticing that he's in the room. However, if you want your dance floor to feel like a nightclub then we definitely have the equipment to give you exactly what you want.
- Our production company also offers a customized sound system exclusively for wedding ceremonies. The system includes wireless lapel microphones for the officiant, a speaker system, mixer with iPod capability, and a dedicated engineer to run the system during the ceremony.
- We are also one of the very few local bands that use an Aviom in-ear monitoring system so that we don't have ugly floor monitors (speakers) cluttering the stage area. By eliminating this equipment, this not only allows the band to set up in a smaller "footprint" of space but also keeps the overall volume lower since the speakers on the floor have been eliminated.
Commitment to the St. Louis Community
The band has always felt a strong connection with local musicians and has started donating musical instruments to the St. Louis city school music programs. The public school system typically has a very limited budget and these donations are intended to help inspire young students to engage in music. Perhaps we'll see some of these students eventually become a member of Spectrum Band someday!
Biography for Tim Callihan
- Manager of the Spectrum Band for over 20 years with a perfect 100% rating of positive customer satisfaction! Many of the thank you notes received from past clients are included on the band web site.
- Selected to receive national awards for multiple years:
o The Knot “Best of Weddings Award” for 5 years in a row. Winners are limited to the top 1% of all vendors in the nation so we’re very proud to win this award for so many years.
o WeddingWire “Couple’s Choice Award” for 9 years in a row.
o We are the that was selected to receive these two awards for 2017, 2016, and 2015!
o The Knot “Hall of Fame”. This honor was due to consistently receiving positive reviews from our past clients for so many years.
o CBS & KMOX choice as one of the “Top Wedding Bands in St. Louis”
- Interviewed by Southern Living Magazine discussing bands, DJs, and weddings.
- Interviewed by St. Louis Bride Magazine for an article in one of their special issues. The article discusses many topics regarding music selections for a wedding reception as well as tips for finding the perfect band.
- Listed in a special issue of Martha Stewart Wedding Magazine as the band that was chosen to perform at their featured wedding in St. Louis. Many great bands were considered and we were happy to be selected.
- Interviewed by the St. Louis Post Dispatch for a feature article about weddings in St. Louis. The subject involves brides that were reserving 7-7-07 for their wedding date and gambling on any windfalls from the "Lucky Sevens".
- Featured in St. Louis Bride & Groom Magazine discussing “How to Plan Your Reception with Live Music”.
- Interviewed by Modern Drummer Magazine which is one of the top international publications in the music world! The purpose of the article was to discuss how to manage a successful band by delivering the most entertaining show possible while keeping the band members happy and challenged.
- Received top honors for two years in a row in Modern BrideBest Band in St. Louis"! The annual issue of the magazine featured a review of the best bands and DJs in the country. The magazine staff interviewed local St. Louis event planners, wedding experts, as well as reception-site & country club managers to create the list of winners.
- Performer in the Spectrum Band with over 30 years of professional performance experience.
- Strong supporter of local musicians by always recommending other bands to clients when Spectrum is not available for a client's date. Several local bands rely on Spectrum’s overflow to augment their schedules.
- Owner of Chesterfield Sound Studio for over 18 years providing recording opportunities to St. Louis bands and musicians. Rehearsals for Spectrum Band are conducted in the studio to allow for playback and critique.
- Committed to supporting music education. Donated new 5-piece drum sets complete with cymbals and hardware to three public schools to allow young people to experience the excitement of live music. The band is a financial sponsor for a national artist appearances every year at Jazz at the Bistro (a not-for-profit music performance and education venue).
- In addition to being involved in the local St. Louis music community, Tim is a retired structural engineer at The Boeing Company performing technical integration management for the F/A-18E/F program. He obtained a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering and a Master’s Degree in Structural Engineering. The same level of meticulous detail that is invested in analyzing aircraft structure is provided to coordinating details with clients for each performance.
Copyright © 2017 Spectrum Band · Web Design by · Jay Hungerford