booking spectrum Band
So, you need a band
We realize this may be your first time booking a live band, which can be a daunting task. We are happy to take time to answer your questions and address your concerns. For over two decades, over one thousand couples have made the decision to trust Spectrum Band to entertain their guests at their wedding reception and we have delivered each and every time.
Our reviews are real, our reputation amongst the industry is unparalleled, and our commitment to meet and exceed our clients’ expectations remains stronger than ever.
Before you book any band, we highly suggest scheduling a consultation with us, either over the phone or on Zoom!
Prime dates book early, and fast, and Spectrum Band is in high demand.
A signed contract and deposit are required to secure your date. Add-on options like Ceremony Musicians, Ceremony PA, or Cocktail Musicians can be decided on later (up to 8 weeks before your date). Your remaining balance isn’t due until 8 weeks prior to your date. Pre-payment arrangements are available.
Our Commitment to You
Our goal is to be the easiest and most attentive vendor you hire. From your initial inquiry until the last note of your event, we’ll be with you every step of the way. We want your experience with Spectrum Band to be smooth, easy, and fun! We love what we do and it shows in every performance. We look forward to working with you and turning your vision into reality!
- We offer 2 formats of the band, our 9-piece (most popular and offers the best entertainment value) and our 7-piece format (new for 2022).
- All band formats include our Sound & Lights package with professional engineers running sound and lights to provide the best quality performance.
- We offer emcee services and microphones/wireless microphones for your speeches and/or presentations.
- Continuous music playlist services are included. You can provide us with a playlist or just let us choose the appropriate playlist for your occasion.
- We have an expansive song list from multiple genres of music and will work with you to customize a set list that is specific for your event.
- Various smaller instrumental formats are available to perform for cocktails and/or dinner. These formats include any combination of piano, upright bass, guitar, drums, trumpet, trombone, and sax.
- We are fully insured with liability coverage. It’s never been needed in over 20 years, but it’s comforting to know that we have you protected for any possible situation.
- Over 20 years of award winning experience to guarantee that your event will be a huge success!
Frequently Asked Questions
Where can we come see the band play?
We highly recommend you visit our Media Page which includes a large amount of videos and links to more videos on our YouTube channel. We also post a number of audio selections on our Media page as well. All our videos are of the band performing LIVE (we never overdub our videos) and will give you a great idea of what the band sounds like. We do understand that seeing the band live is important for some clients. Most of our performances are for private customers, however we do perform publicly (follow us on Facebook or check out our current schedule for our next public performance or just reach out to us). Occasionally, potential clients attend our private performances. This requires obtaining permission from the current client first, which is a courtesy we would extend to you if someone wanted to come see the band during your event.
Can we make song requests?
We customize our set list for each performance. We invite you look over our ever-changing song list and let us know any specific songs you want us to play for your wedding/reception/event. If you have a special song that you want us to perform for your special dances that we don’t currently do, let us know as soon as possible (a minimum of 8 weeks notice is required for all song requests).
I want to hire Spectrum, but I am unsure if I should hire the full 9-piece band or the 7-piece band. What is your suggestion?
Our Original 9-piece version of Spectrum Band is our most popular and provides the best entertainment value. New for 2022, we are offering the band in a slightly smaller 7-piece format. We’ll be happy to go over these options with you to find the best fit for your event!
My venue is small, will a big band like Spectrum be a good fit for my event?
Our desired “footprint” for the 9- piece band is 25′ X 15′, however we have fit in much tighter spaces. We have performed in nearly every wedding venue in St. Louis as a 9-piece band, and we’ve fit in them all.
I’m concerened about the volume of a live band, will your band be too loud?
We utilize “in-ear” monitors which allows our audio engineer to dial in the mix and control the volume wirelessly from an iPad while we perform. Having sound engineers on site allows us to focus on the music and the details of your event.
Do you ever play themed events?
Sure, contact us and let us know what you’re thinking. Big Band and Disco are two themes that come up quite often. We customize live music entertainment for events and we’d love to turn your vision into reality.
What happens if I need to change my date?
While it is rare that your date will change, it can happen. In 2020, we rescheduled over 20 wedding receptions for clients who had to reschedule their weddings due to Covid. If the unforseen happens and you need to change your date, Spectrum Band will work with you.